There’s a lot to celebrate about our Pâté of the Month. Winner of the prestigious Good Food Award in San Francisco, our creamy Duck Liver and Pork Mousse with Cognac blends flavors both strong and subtle for a delightfully decadent experience. With duck, pork, mushrooms, fine Cognac, and a perfect mix of spices, this savory-sweet mousse is the perfect winter pick-me-up. It’s also our most popular mousse (followed closely by Truffle Mousse), and has accordingly been featured in many Alexian recipes. At this point, you’re probably impatient to try it. To make things easy for you, here’s a directory of our favorite pairings:
- Pear and Mousse Blinis – Though this mousse is primarily rich and savory, it has a refreshing mid-note of sweetness from the Cognac. We find that pairings with fruit really make this quality shine.
- Pâté Flight Sampler – Flights are all about showcasing a variety of unique flavors, so no sample platter is complete without this iconic mousse.
- Mousse-Spread Bagels – A classic for a reason. Enjoy it for breakfast, or substitute bagels for bagel chips at your next dinner party!
- Pâté Stuffed Tomatoes and Peppers – Colorful, filling, and delicious, these can be served as a side dish or main course, depending on pepper size!
- Tournedos Rossini – This buttery steak dish is a French delicacy, made even more luxurious with a dollop of mousse.
- French Bistro Burger – While this recipe suggests truffle mousse, duck liver and Cognac bring next-level flavor. Just make sure to pair with extra-sharp cheddar to counterbalance the sweetness from the Cognac!
- Chardonnay – A crisp, fruity, and slightly buttery chardonnay provides the perfect palette cleanser between bites.
- Port Wine – We’ll say it: delicious duck liver mousse with sweet, rich port wine is a snack fit for royalty.
- Cognac Cocktail – Yep, we saved the best for last! As the name suggests, the Cognac in this mousse really comes to life with a sweet and slightly bitter Cognac cocktail.
While these ideas are enough to get you started on your Duck Liver and Pork Mousse with Cognac journey, we’d love to see what YOU make with it! Next time you incorporate this delicious pâté into a recipe, tag us on social media!