Let’s face it: Spring calls for more snacks in the park and less stressful cookin’ in the kitchen. Enter our easy and colorful Spring cheese board. Here’s everything you need to know to craft one and celebrate the season.
Your (Simple) Guide to an Easy and Colorful Spring Cheese Board
First thing’s first: You must add color. No exceptions. Be sure to set aside foods like strawberries, blueberries, green grapes— you get the idea.
As to how to go about actually creating the board, here’s the rundown. Begin by piling up the savory goods. This includes everything from your favorite cheeses, meats, and pâtés. Add any spreads— like jams and honey— around the board. Afterward, you can add the berries and nuts to fill in all the empty spaces. Best of all, these little guys will also give a beautiful pop of color to the presentation.
At the very end, surround the board with fresh crackers and baguette slices. And just like that, you’ve got yourself a successful Spring cheese board!
- 4-6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 4-6 ounces brie
- 4-6 ounces aged gouda
- 4-6 ounces blueberry goat cheese
- 4-6 ounces of your favorite coarse cut pâté
- 4-6 ounces of your favorite mousse pâté
- 4-6 ounces white stilton with blueberries (blueberry fayre)
- 3-4 ounces prosciutto, sliced in half
- 3-4 ounces genoa salami
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 4-5 radishes, thinly sliced
- Assorted berries as desired
- Green grapes as desired
- Raspberry jam as desired
- Honey as desired
- Seeded french baguette, thinly sliced
- Artisan crackers