Lite bites & entertaining
Baked Cheese Crisps
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (or any hard cheese like gouda or cheddar)
- Optional: pepper, garlic salt, or rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Pour a heaping tablespoon of Parmesan onto a silicone or parchment lined baking sheet and lightly pat down. A silicone baking sheet is highly recommended. Repeat with the remaining cheese, spacing the spoonfuls about a 1/2 inch apart.
3. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes until golden. Remove and cool
Tips and other suggestions:
- Make sure to flatten the mounds of grated cheese as much as possible to avoid them spreading out while cooking. Aim for a uniform, thin-as-possible texture so they cook evenly.
- Don’t be afraid to mix in seasonings or spices with your shredded cheese. Adding black pepper and garlic salt creates a great aroma and is an easy way to boost the flavor.
- Use parchment paper to prevent the cheese crisps from sticking to the pan and to stop the cheese from getting too hard.
- Let the crisps cool after removing them from the oven. You can simply transfer the parchment from the pan to the counter top – and then the perfect party snack is just a few minutes away.
- As for the pâté, traditional holiday favorites like Duck Rillette, Goose Liver Mousse, and Truffle Mousse taste fabulous alongside cheese.